TAKING ON THE CHALLENGE OF MULTI-ANGLE CAMERAS
One carpet, two angles, two upright logos. Designed for opposite cameras.
The innovative 3D pitch carpet displays two different logos from different camera angles on the same surface.
2VIEW CamCarpets™ help event organisers to maximise some of the most commercially valuable positions on and near the field of play. They double the brandable opportunities and make extra inventory available without sacrificing additional space or creating potential hazards for the players.
The evolution of the 3D Pitch Carpets
For over 20 years we’ve been supplying the top events in football and cricket all around the world with our 3D CamCarpets, helping rights holders and sponsors make the most of the branding possibilities on the pitch. We have evolved the 3D CamCarpet concept and solved the challenge caused to pitch branding by the reverse camera perspective.
2VIEW CamCarpets™ is the only branded carpet solution on the market able to do so.
Applications in cricket – wicket-to-wicket cameras
Our 3D sports branding technology has been used in cricket from the late ’90s, helping sponsors to achieve extremely valuable exposure. However, the nearside logos in the ‘wicket-to-wicket’ position face the opposite camera and so appear upside-down.
With 2VIEW CamCarpets™, both far side and nearside logos are displayed the correct way up regardless of the camera angle, providing premium additional advertising space for the event organisers and offering sponsors the opportunity to differentiate their marketing message.
In cricket, 2VIEW CamCarpets™ were successfully used for the first time in 2016 at the NatWest Blast T20 Finals at Edgbaston 2016 and have received great appreciation from sponsors since.
Applications in football for double TV production
International football matches are by definition broadcasted to multiple countries and often the international TV feed is produced by a separate production team on the opposite side of the pitch.
With 2VIEW CamCarpets™, we are now able to display the near-the-goal advertising both to the domestic and the international audience. This is a massively improved visual experience for all people watching globally and a valuable targeted marketing tool for sponsors.
How do 2VIEW CamCarpets™ actually work?
- We conduct thorough venue-specific surveys to ensure that the 3D graphics will be adapted for both camera angles.
- We use a special 3D foam surface that is carefully milled into tiles that allow for double printing.
- The material is ‘cut to shape’ using a unique, modified material router.
- We have developed in-house print software to achieve maximum accuracy.
- The carpets are digitally printed with a specialised 2View 3D printer using the highest quality printing capabilities.
How we invented 2VIEW
The 2VIEW CamCarpets™ concept started with the ambition to create additional value for our clients and it is the result of two years of tweaking and fine-tuning the product. From finding the right material and manufacturing process to developing in-house software to make the prints possible through extreme accuracy. In all of this, ensuring excellent visual performance and players’ safety was paramount.
It works with single fixed cameras too
For matches with a single main camera angle, 2VIEW CamCarpets™ can be simply rotated by 180° during the event. The manual rotation can be a practical solution to fragment the sponsorship inventory and get more sponsors on board or to change the advertising message during a break.
2VIEW CamCarpets™ overview
- Double opportunities for premium pitch advertising inventory
- New commercial opportunities in football through the international broadcasting feed
- More flexibility to diversify advertising messages
- Improved experience for fans watching on TV with logos always facing the right way
- Easy to install, rotate and remove
- Safe for players – Includes an anti-slip under layer
- In-house manufacturing – All 2VIEW CamCarpets™ are produced in-house
- Turf breathability – Provided with holes for water drainage and grass breathability
- Size & formats – Any size available through welding
- Exceptional stability – Weight-balanced. No need for anchorage or fixing points
- 3D technology – Custom-made for the main camera positions on both sides of the pitch
- Lightweight – Made of a lightweight, but durable foam structured material
- Fire retardant – B1 fire certification